Product Design Manager
Opis oferty pracy
About Zendesk (and Base)
We founded Base in 2009 based on our strongly held belief that businesses deserve better, smarter software. We’ve grown to over 5,000 customers across the globe and in September 2018 we were acquired by Zendesk to shape the future of customer relationship management together.
Our mentality is to transform the art of sales into actionable information to help organizations take their growth to the next level. We believe in a collaborative working style with a bias towards rapid prototyping, experimentation and a strong curiosity for our customers and their needs.
What we’re looking for
You are a professional with a proven track record of managing the design process and managing people. You will be expected to at times be hands-on with the work but also be able to support and manage a small team of designers in Krakow.
You collaborate with the wider team, inspire through conversation and design with the user in mind. With a positive, adaptable attitude, you have worked in agile environments and are equally comfortable in a daily stand up with your team as you are running design thinking sessions. You can manage your workload, communicate effectively with global peers and leadership and do all of this while maintaining a positive, professional and light demeanor.
You possess a portfolio that demonstrates excellence in digital product design and you have the capacity to solve user experience challenges with simple, empathetic and honest solutions. You will be an important part of our global creative team which spans the disciplines of product design, user research, brand and content strategy.
Skills and Experience
- BA or similar and a minimum of 5+ years of growing responsibility in product design within a high paced, agile software-as-a-service environments, preferably in the B2B space
- Shown expertise turning complex business problems into simple and engaging products
- Strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity of design
- Leadership and management skills
- Capable of communicating and prototyping interactions rapidly at all levels of resolution
- Deep knowledge of modern web UI patterns
- Propensity for experimentation
- A portfolio that showcases your work, provides detail of your role on projects and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from requirements through design delivery
What you’ll get to do
- Act as a conduit between the Product, Design and Engineering teams to solve complex interaction problems, humanize product ideas and develop these ideas into elegant application design
- Build relationships with Product Managers and Engineers to grow concepts through design exploration, ideation and user validation
- Produce and facilitate design thinking sessions
- Design interaction models, wireframes and mockups that promote ease of use and optimize how customers interact with our products
- Collaborate with the User Research and Content Strategy team
- Analyze tasks, model information, navigation and flows using UX best practices for web and mobile
- Present design solutions to stakeholders and company executives, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
What we offer
- Ownership of the projects you work on
- Being a part of defining new standards
- A team of passionate people who love what they do
- Interesting projects, ability to implement your own ideas and improvements
- Opportunity to learn and grow
And everything you need to do your job effectively
- Flexible working hours
- Professional development funds
- High-end gear to help you be productive
- Comfortable office, daily catered breakfasts and lunches
You will meet
Tim Allison – Senior Design Manager – EMEA