Mid > Senior Product Designer (Remote or office in Gdańsk)
Opis oferty pracy
We’re looking for a Passionate Product Designer to join our Whiteboards.io team. You will work in a true empowered product team discovering, testing and delivering product features for users around the globe.
Whiteboards is an up and coming collaboration platform allowing product and software teams to better communicate, facilitate meetings, manage projects and agile ceremonies.
What will you do at whiteboards:
- Help us further develop Whiteboards.io by discovering user needs and turning them into product design solutions, providing amazing experiences and values for users.
- Proactively identify both small and large usability issues and influence the team to prioritise them.
- Be a part of a self-organising, cross-functional team. Cooperate closely with Software Engineers, Designers, Product Managers, and other specialists like Product Marketeers or Support Engineers.
- Mentor other members on how to approach design problems, solicit feedback, and drive for impactful outcomes.
- Have a real impact over product features and roadmap.
- Share your thoughts openly and honestly on what would be the best for the customers and the business.
- Decide freely about your day and assignments – we do not micromanage people and we do care about work & life balance.
- Be the change you seek – if you see that something can be improved, suggest how and make it happen (alone or by engaging your colleagues).
- Mentor other team members by applying your expertise and communication skills.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 6 years experience in the UX & UI design role with strong preference for SaaS applications.
- A sound portfolio presenting processes & outcomes – we will ask you to provide us with your portfolio in the first stage of the recruitment process.
- Good mix of UX as well as UI skills. We’re looking for the ability to take the user value idea from a low-fi sketch / wireframe to the hi-fidelity UI.
- Ability to independently plan, conduct and draw conclusions from solution validations, exploratory user research sessions, usability testings and other qualitative ways of uncovering user needs, attitudes and pain-points.
- Ability to effectively articulate concepts, ideas and processes through sketches, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, user-flows and the like.
- Experience in working according to and with Style Guides and Design Systems;
- Very good knowledge of Figma. Other tools are a plus!
- Fluent English is a must. Both written and verbal. User interviews and many internal meetings in English.
For a senior role you will also need:
- Good UX writing skills.
- Working knowledge of information architecture, systems architecture and design.
- Rich experience in deriving decisions based on data.
- Good understanding of the features and processes in the software project management category (ie. Jira, Trello, Github)
- Practical experience with agile practices and methodologies.
- Experience with building, maintaining and updating Design Systems.
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Motion Design / Animation / Micro-animation
- Video editing
- Formal Product Design / Interaction Design education
- A true product company. Whiteboards is part of Spartez Software, building great products for thousands of customers worldwide (e.g. Spotify, Disney, Electronic Arts, Red Bull or Microsoft). One of the top (Platinum) vendors on Atlassian Marketplace. Living Company Values, not just talking about them.
- Fast-moving team.
- Diverse international crew coming from several countries and 3 continents.
- Passionate people sharing their product and technology experience.
- Agile mindset and practices applied across the board.
- Pragmatic (not dogmatic) approach to technology.
- Team of missionaries (not mercenaries).
- Supporting innovation and building a new software category (check out our Whiteboards story).
- Managed by passionate product engineers and designers (not sales or accountants).
- Flexible place of work & working hours;
- Financial bonus depending on the company’s performance (e.g. ~35% on top of everyone’s salary this quarter);
- Educational fund: 7500 PLN and 4 days of paid leave annually;
- 20% time for things you are passionate about;
- Social budget for every team – difficult to spend with pandemic restrictions in place, but … it accumulates
- Kudos system;
- Top-notch equipment: high-end MacBook Pros, Aeron chairs, standing desks;
- Plus other standard perks of IT companies: private medical healthcare, life insurance, and Multisport card.
- Mid Product Designer – 11.000 – 16.000 gross per month UoP (75-110 PLN net per hour on B2B)
- Senior Product Designer – 16.000 – 21.000 gross per month UoP (115-145 PLN net per hour on B2B)
Our recruitment process:
- Applying with you resume and portfolio. We do care about the portfolio and seeing examples of work. (In case you can’t send the examples across, we’re ok to look at them via a screenshare during the interview).
- Interview (30-45min). You’ll find answers to your immediate questions, get to know the company, give us a chance to learn more about you, your experience, and your expectations.
- Take-home design task.
- Second interview and design critique session. We’d like to give you feedback for the design task and explore some job areas not covered before.
- Job Offer 🤞