Opis oferty pracy
Boclips is the small but mighty educational technology start-up with a distributed team across US, UK, Poland and Middle East. We are a tech-enabled video delivery platform, making it simple, seamless and safe for our customers and partners to deliver digital education to learners around the world. We find, curate and deliver relevant educational video content aligned to the global curricula from our content partners such as Ted Talks, Bozeman Science, PBS and many more.
About this role
We are looking for a passionate, skilful Product Designer who would bring a new vision to the team and help us build our design culture from the ground up. You’ll be part of our product and engineering team based in Warsaw and London. This is a super close-knit group of 14, made up of Designers, Full Stack Engineers, Data Scientists and Product Management.
How will your week look as part of the Design team at Boclips?
You’ll spend most of your time collaborating on projects with our UX Designer and the product and engineering team. As a small design team just getting started, there are a few important things to get done:
- We are creating a new version of our product for our video download customers — these customers are mainly large publishing companies and ministries of education around the world, so spending time running user research to understand their needs and designing simple versions to test and learn from is a priority to us.
- We are continuing the work on our teacher-focused platform and iterating the design based on collected user feedback. We’re planning to improve user involvement and develop new features based on the most critical user needs.
- Our plan is to create consistent branding across all our user interfaces and establish the Boclips design system. This is where you come in! We want to create a clean, simple and beautiful UI across all our interfaces.
- You’ll lead brainstorming sessions to ideate the solutions for our different integrations customers.
- You’ll use tools like Looker and Hotjar to understand user behaviour better and will enjoy improving the product based on analytics.
- Establishing a design culture. For us this means sharing the design journey with the team, communicating design decisions and the decision rationale.
- Team collaboration is super important to us. Together problems are solved more quickly and it’s more fun. You’ll have a team to share ideas with, iterate and constantly learn and improve.
This role is as much about who you are and how you think as it is about your experience. If you’re the kind of person who loves to learn new things, is driven, open about mistakes and cares about people and solving problems, we would love to hear from you. Ideally you will team a great attitude with some of the experiences below:
- You have some experience in UX/UI design and you’re up to date with current trends and technologies. If your experience is tipped in favour of UI over UX, this could complement our team perfectly.
- You make feedback a central part of your workflow, be it data gathered from research, usage reports or simply feedback from the team.
- You were responsible for designing a commercial web product and worked on delivering improved versions based on user feedback and analytics.
- You know how to document your design with precision and lead a development team to match your project quality.
- You can talk to us about simple and functional designs you have created for a user-driven product.
- It would be nice if you have some experience with user research and usability testing.
- And of course, you’ll have rock solid foundation in UX/UI; Wireframing, prototyping and iterating after feedback, using all the usual design tools (Sketch, Invision) that are by now, your bread and butter.
What we offer
- 12,000 – 14,000 PLN gross per month
- Share Options
- Private healthcare with Medicover
- Office in Mindspace, Koszykowa 61, Warsaw.
- Professional development budget of 7,000 Zloty per year / per person.
- Trips to London to spend time with the other part of the team here when it’s safe and possible again.
At Boclips, we’re building a product for education, which means we are building a product for everyone. Our platform and its content is viewed by thousands of students around the world every week who have different needs, abilities and backgrounds. That’s why we are committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
All you need to do now is mail to: email@example.com (with your Portfolio and a CV) and we can have a chat over a cup of coffee at our office in Warsaw ... or remotely if you wish. We have really good coffee though :)